Grilling can be a lot of fun when you know what you’re doing, but things can really get out of control if you lose focus. This can produce disastrous results, the least of which is that your food will have no flavor. Here are some common grilling mistakes that you will want to avoid:
- Forgetting to prep your ingredients – before you light the grill, make sure that all of your ingredients are chopped, mixed, peeled and ready to go.
- Using bad equipment – you don’t have to pay through the nose for BBQ tools, but using cheap ones that are no good will make the task much more difficult.
- Using a dirty grill – this can cause you and your guests to get sick, so always make sure that you clean the grill before and after you use it.
- Premature grilling – make sure that your grill is hot enough before you try to add food to the fire.
- Covering the grill – some people are tempted to do this to try and cook food faster, but it can lead to food tasting of smoke and be a real fire hazard.
- Being too saucy – if the sauce or marinade is added too early it will burn and create a sticky mess on your grill. Wait until the meat is nearly cooked before adding the sauce or marinade.
- Forgoing the thermometer – it is not always pos
sible to judge if meat is cooked by color alone and you should check on it with a thermometer as well.
- Rushing food to the table – give the meat time to rest before serving to seal in the flavour and help make sure that it is fully cooked before serving.
- Getting tipsy – a BBQ party is a great time to drink with friends and family, but make sure that you have finished cooking before you start to indulge.
Speaking of barbeques, have you heard of Lucky Nugget? This is a great online casino where you can spend hours at a stretch without getting bored for a single second. There are so many games to choose from that you will not have to worry about choice. So give it a shot today!